Is Your Business Eligible for JobMaker Payments?
The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme is designed to encourage businesses to employ additional young jobseekers aged 16-35 years. The hiring credit subsidises an increase in employee headcount.
Eligible employers can receive the hiring credit for up to 12 months for each eligible employee engaged between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021.
Registration for the scheme has been open since December 2020. Employers can still register for the scheme now, even if you have already put on eligible workers since 7 October last year.
Is Your Business an Eligible Employer?
Various factors must be satisfied for an employer to receive the hiring credit payment, including:
- You must register for the scheme with the ATO by the due date of the first JobMaker period you are claiming.
- You must be registered for PAYG withholding.
- You must be up to date with income tax and activity statement lodgments for the previous two years.
- You must not be claiming JobKeeper in the same period.
- You must be reporting Single Touch Payroll.
The business must also satisfy payroll and headcount increase conditions by proving new employment positions have been created.
- 16 to 29 years old – $200 per week
- 30 to 35 years old – $100 per week
JobMaker Claim Periods
There are eight JobMaker claim periods available for the scheme from 7 October 2020 to 6 October 2022. Single Touch Payroll reports must be submitted three days before the end of each claim period. Employers must also complete claims electronically through ATO online services.
The ATO JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme webpage has more detail about the scheme, including a calculator spreadsheet to estimate payments you could receive.
Want to Check if You can Receive the Credits?
The headcount rules are important to understand before registering for the scheme. Book a time with us to discuss whether your business can access the hiring credits, and we’ll make sure your business can verify the payroll increase. We can also take care of the ATO reporting and claiming process for each JobMaker period on your behalf.